1. We found (and moved into) our new apartment! At the moment, our quaint little 1 bedroom is undergoing a makeover, albeit a very slow one due to lack of fundage. Let's just say there's been A LOT of diy-ness going on around here, and although this has made for a sometimes reluctant hubby, it's inspired a handful of fun tutorials I can't wait to share in future posts.
Things We Love About Our New Place:
a) Dog friendly building (I wonder if a great dane rescue is in our near future?)
b) Non-smoking building
c) Close to downtown
d) Easy access to Denver's bike trail system
e) 1 block from a D.U.G. (Denver Urban Gardening) community garden - and we're on the waiting list!
2. Thrift stores are our new best friends. Partially because it's one of the few places we can actually afford to shop and partially because the stores out here have redefined all my thrifting expectations (you mean I can finally shop for something that didn't come out of Barbara Bush's closet?). But mostly the new found infatuation stems from the fact that we always end up having a good time there.
![]() |
| I know you're digging my new glasses. |
4. New friendships and snow storms are becoming a regular occurrence. Working at REI has given Brandon and I the opportunity to meet some truly awesome people who love being adventurous and living fully. Suddenly our nights are filled with pub outtings and chillax dinner parties, and our weekends are filled with muddy bikes, wintery wonderlands, and breath taking views.
All the pieces just seem to fit here in Colorado. It jives with us and we with it.
So what do you say when you finally feel you're living the life you were meant to live?
I. AM. HOME.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Show some love and leave a comment!