Funny moments on Friday

It's a perfectly dreary Friday, so naturally I grabbed a bowl of soup and cozied up on my bed with my computer to blog, and.... nothing. I sat and stared at my screen, daydreaming, surfing blogs, and listening to music for hours (literally, hours) just waiting for my mind to wrap itself around a concise thought, and.... nothing.

Unable to cope with the mental standstill, I did what I always do when I want something to change - I went into Brandon's office, climbed on his lap and whined about my situation.

Midway through my ranting and raving, however, I caught a glimpse of something out the window and I stopped. Was that a crow?  No, it's too big.  Maybe it's a cat, but I can't see it any more, it's behind the tree. What the...?

"Brandon, there are chickens in our backyard!"  



Okay, for anyone NOT from Long Island, this might seem like a pretty lame thing to get all excited about. But if you ARE from Long Island, you know full well how strange a sight like this is - it's right up there with two-headed cows.

So as if four chickens moseying their way through the rain - and in single-file, mind you - wasn't rousing enough, I grabbed our annoyingly lazy cat to up the ante, and running with all the excitement of a child on Christmas morning, I perched the cat in front of an open window, ground-level with the unsuspecting chickens and started taking pictures.



If anyone is mildly horrified by this point, don't worry, nothing happens. My cat took a few moments to inspect the feathery intruders and then sauntered off for another cat nap. What a booger - and a disgrace to the food chain, I might add.

Oh well, it wasn't the full on adventure I had hoped for, but it did confirm certain long held suspicions:
If you don't live your life, you'll have nothing to write about. 



2 comments:

  1. Maybe Jeanne somehow knew! Did they lay any eggs for you? P.S. I'm in love with your blog, but more importantly, you and brandon <3 Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that is weird. my favorite is Riley's hunched back.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!