Movies that are good for the soul

You know that childlike-wonder-can't-stop-smiling-everything-in-the-world-is-beautiful feeling you get after watching a really good movie?  For Brandon, that comes in the form of foreign films with lots of death and destruction, but for me (a normal person) I'm slightly more traditional. Gimme a few good actors, some understated humor, and an exotic locale, and I'm ready to walk through the grass barefoot, hug a baby and change the world with a revolutionary new perspective I'm convinced no one else possesses yet.

Which brings us to the following three movies - all of which passed under the blockbuster radar without much hubbub or recognition (making them that much better of course). I recommend you drop everything you're doing, grab a glass of wine and go see them right now.

Disclaimer: No spoilers here, just my two cents and a few links to trailer clips.


All-star cast of seasoned British actors



Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Ed Norton, & Bruce Willis. 'Nuff said. 



The hills of Scotland, Arabian deserts and Ewan McGregor... yummm.



What are your favorite feel-good movies?  
(If someone says Twilight anything, I'm disowning them). 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!