Photos of the pup

I've mentioned before that when we first adopted Ollie, I was more than a little cautious around the then 11 month old rescue. His muscular build, huge jaw and mixed breeding were not at all reminiscent of the golden's and lab's I grew up with, and at times I was sure we were one startling noise away from turning into a national headline; "Denver Dog Snaps and Owners Never See It Coming." 

It just goes to show you how the media can make a red herring out of anything, including one of the most tame, loyal and obedient dogs I've ever met. Ollie will be your friend till the end - all he requests is that you let him lick your face off every now and then. Belly rubs also preferred. 

Here are some recent photos of the lovable pup. What a handsome goofball. 






Ollie is often mistaken for a pitbull - which is bad because they're banned in Denver - but just look at that face!
He's bulldog all the way.  


Another case of mistaken identity.
Vicious snarling dog: NO.  Floppy jowls caught in underbite: YES.
Rain droplets - ATTACK!


Do you have any rescue stories that turned out better than expected?




3 comments:

  1. None better than yours, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you commenting left and right! =) Thanks Denisse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is soo sweet. Almost looks like a little boxer.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!