Many of you have been wondering how our mini-move went this weekend, and now that we've put some order to the plethora of boxes hijacking the livable space of our temporary new digs, I'm more than happy to oblige with a overview.
I intended to document the whole process with my DSLR - because A) I need to brush up on my skills and B) I want to schnazz up the blog with more of my own images - BUT, the camera was packed away and hasn't been seen or heard from since. So it looks like we'll have to get by with stick figure drawings instead.
8:00 AM - I'm awake (barely) and beginning to freak out over how much packing is left to do before our friends come to help load the rental truck at 10:30 AM. Didn't I just spend four days packing? Why is there still so much stuff unboxed?
12:54 PM - We make it over to the new storage unit - ("First Month for $1" deals are totally bogus, by the way) - and quickly realize that our rental truck has a strict 1:00 PM return deadline. So, we did the fastest unload ever, chucking our belongings into a pile outside the building, and Brandon floored it back to Uhaul with little less than 30 seconds to spare. It wasn't till about 1:13 PM however, as I'm sitting amongst our scattered stuff, that I think, "How is Brandon getting home from Uhaul? No one went with him, and he doesn't have a phone. Oh sh..." At this point, I'm like "forget the stuff, why do I have so much crap anyway," and I hop in my car and drive off to find Brandon walking back along the road - and in good spirits, thankfully.
8:00 PM - We're back at the now empty house and get busy scrubbing the refrigerator, sweeping floors, cleaning the cupboards and tackling spiders. All this fun could have taken place earlier had we been able to move everything with the Uhaul before 1:00 PM, but we didn't. So instead we spent the afternoon transporting MORE stuff back and forth (30 minutes each way - yuck!) with the help of my aunt's Jeep.
12:00 AM - Weary, worn and whining, I crawl into our "new" bed in our "new" room, and try to decompress. As much as I want to sleep, my mind keeps producing thoughts like, "Are we seriously doing this again in August?", "Maybe hiring movers is worth it," and "Where did I put my box of underwear?" At last, the wheels stopped spinning so fast, and I caught some Zzz's (see illustration below).
Despite being slightly more frazzled than before, everything is done and we have a place to put both our stuff AND our heads at night. I'm extremely thankful for all your prayers and support, because I doubt we would have fared as well without them.
One move down and one to go!




Great drawings... good job! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have real talent. You could be the next wimpy red headed kid.
ReplyDelete