Packing for the mini-move

As some of you already know, Brandon and I have had the blessing of living in a friends unsold house for the last year. It recently went under contract - bad for us, great for him - and we'll be moving out this weekend to make way for the new owners. I'm dubbing this our mini-move, since our Colorado move is currently being referred to as the big-move.

Finding out about the mini-move was initially terrifying. Where were we going to live from now until August?  On Long Island, there are few - if any - rental options that would accept such a short lease term AND fit our pea-sized budget.  And moving early just didn't feel right, since we already committed to running programs and trips at work over the summer. So we prayed and sorted through our options - and prayed some more - and God was faithful to provide. He always is, so I don't know why I still worry about this stuff... it's part of the fallen human condition, I suppose.

Anywho, my aunt and uncle warmly agreed to take us in, and this is perfect on so many levels. It's about a 5 minute commute to the work (compared to our 30 minute drive now), I'll get to bond with my awesomely crazy redheaded cousin (and goddaughter) all summer, we'll be able to spend quality time with family (including my grandmother) before we move west, and they have a pool... Yahtzee!  Haha, just kidding, the first 3 are way more important.

So that's the dealio. Now if you'll excuse me, mountains of boxes, innumerable belongings strewn about the floor and my husband are all begging for some semblance of order, so I better get back to packing - but just for fun, and as a reward for reading thus far, I'll leave you with a video tour of the house (pre-shambles).

*I apologize in advance for how choppy the video is. If you're prone to motion sickness, you may want to avert your eyes!


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your mini move, Jen!! And thanks so much for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsie! Just saw your other question. :) As far as sponsorship goes, work on building your following for now. Comment on tons and tons of blogs and work on having the very best and most professional blog you can! Then, once you reach a few hundred + followers, announce on your blog that you are accepting sponsorships! I also recently started contacting Etsy shop owners to see if they're interested in sponsoring. Here's a great post another blogger wrote about gaining sponsorship and getting yourself noticed!

    http://spunkyjunky.blogspot.com/2011/04/get-yourself-noticed-getting-sponsors.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your movie!! i want to make one! haha x

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!