I find it's best to photograph the food and decorations first, before they're equally devoured by the masses.
Next up is the Birthday Girl in her Party dress.
After that comes pictures of the birthday presents and cute kids.

To really capture the spirit of the party, take shots of all the activities. Here we had off-pitch karaoke, a highly suspenseful game of Jenga, and a conglomeration of kitchen competitions involving throwing tin foil balls and protective gear (a "Shannon specialty").
Once you've finished all that, the only thing left to do is photograph the guests!
Voila! The Perfect Guide to Photographing a Birthday Party, by yours truly. I hope you learned a few good tricks (and had plenty of good laughs)...
Happy Birthday Dad!
We love you...
We love you...
even though you're officially old
and you don't read my blog
and you don't read my blog




This post was so much fun! Happy Birthday to your Dad. I can tell he is very, very loved : ) I am visiting via your comment at Enjoying the Small Things tonight. This post made me smile! I hope he has a wonderful year.
ReplyDeleteHi there! Your comment made ME smile - thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteJEN! First off your dad is not old because we all know he'll never mature a day past 15! Secondly, these pictures rocked and made me so happy to see. Your family always has an amazing time whenever and wherever you are together, which is really special. Hope you guys keep up the laughter and adventure in your lives!
ReplyDeleteSO fun! Seriously, a few of those photos are making me wonder what happened after I left... questionable :)
ReplyDelete