Earth Day

First off, Happy Earth Day.  Go do something fun and green. Okay, moving on...

Last night I had one of those "oh my gosh what am I doing with my life" kind of moments - which seems to happen a lot in the later stages of the 20-somethings -  and instead of immediately hushing that thought to the back of my mind, I fed it with affirmations until I was so stressed I nearly barfed.

I knew I'd need to rectify the situation if I wanted any sleep, so I Peter-Pan'd my way into some happy thoughts asap - which, as a girl, means castles and horses and Justin Bieber, right?  Ha! Not. Sorry JB. My dreams are more in the vein of deserted islands in the South Pacific, hidden waterfalls in the rainforest, and crumbling stone ruins in Cambodia. As a kid (and even now) I wanted to live inside movies like The Swiss Family Robinson, The Blue Lagoon, and Crocodile Dundee.  Sigh.  Anyway...

The first happy thought to pop into my head was "how amazing would it be to live, actually LIVE, in a treehouse? " So I Googled "treehouses" and that barf feeling quickly subsided as I imagined all the possibilities without regard for the improbabilities, because where's the fun in that.

Besides, these people made it work, so why couldn't I?!




"You just think happy thoughts. They lift you into the air."  Wendy (Peter Pan)  

What are your happy thoughts?



1 comment:

Show some love and leave a comment!