I'm drooling over this recipe

I'm what you'd call "domestically challenged."  It's a genetic disorder, unfortunately, and it severely impedes my abilities in the kitchen (tell the truth, did you think I was going to say "bedroom"? Gosh you guys have dirty minds).  Anyway, I saw this made recently and, despite my "condition," I had to find the recipe and give it a whirl myself.  It's so perfectly moist and scrumptchous - just the thing I crave after supper.



Pumpkin Banana Bread

Bake this in a bread pan or a muffin tin, and definitely try it with whipped cream spread on top. 

1 ripe banana - mashed
1¼ cups pure canned pumpkin
egg
egg white
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup honey
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup sugar
¼ cup ground flax seed
½ t salt
½ t nutmeg
½ t ground ginger
½ t cardamom
½ cup chopped dried apricots or raisins
  • Grease a standard size loaf pan (or muffin tins) and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

    Beat together the mashed banana, pumpkin, eggs, canola oil and honey until well blended and light.
  • In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
  • Slowly add to the wet mixture and mix until well blended.
  • Stir in dried fruit.
  • Bake for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!