I must not have anything better to do today...

...Because all I seem able to do is blog, blog, blog. (Okay, I'm not totally lazy, I DID work today - it just went by really fast). Seriously though, there's so much rattling around in my brain that I think blogging actually helps me compartmentalize things. And since all my posts are just a click away, I can finally free up some valuable real estate in my noggin for other - most likely useless - information. Like my blogs first...


Top 10: Eco-friendly Favorites (how did I live before them?)




1. Book: "Healthy Child Healthy World: Creating a Cleaner, Greener, Safer Home."  I don't actually own this one - yet - but it's definitely on my list. Their website is full of great information - check it out.


2. Baking Soda.  Anything with the tag line "For baking, cleaning and deodorizing" is coming home with me; and I use it for all those purposes! (as an aside - it's an amazing underarm deodorant too).


3. Home Recycling System.  Don't have one? Get one. With all the packaging on the things we buy, we use them way more often than our trash bin. The one we use is from Ikea and cost less than $7.00


4. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  How I love thee! Hands down the best facial cleanser/moisturizer/body lotion I've ever tried. It also works wonders hydrating my super dried out curls in the dry winter. Oh yeah, and it's a great cooking additive. 


5. Indoor plants. Throw away any of those fake plastic plants you might have gracing your dusty corners and pick up one of these NASA approved air-filtering plants. Your lungs will thank you after a day spent inside blogging...


6. Borax. For cleaning and deodorizing only, this all natural and biodegradable product is like Baking Soda on steroids. 


7. Dr. Bronners Magic Soap All-in-One. If I could keep only one of thing from this list, it'd have to be this, hands down. It's certified USDA organic, certified fair trade, biodegradable, vegetable-based, 100% post consumer recycled packaging, comes in 8 liquid fragrances (currently I'm loving Peppermint for all it's tingly freshness), and has 18 in 1 uses! 


8. Anthropologies Nifty Napkins.  At first I thought that having cloth napkins would be a pain, but I've fallen head over heels for them. They don't get grody as fast as I thought they would, and it's so much more fun to make a sandwich on one of these than on a plate because I can wrap it up and tote it off for a lunch on the go. I even have dish towels to match! 


9. Tea Tree Oil. Dab this on your pesky pimples instead of that crazy toxic alternative or add a teaspoon to your homemade all purpose disinfecting spray for a little extra oomph. I use organic stuff from Dessert Essence


10. Reusable Shopping Bags. Eliminate the plastic vs. paper debacle altogether - just remember to bring them with you! If you're crafty you can even make your own by upcycling some t-shirts or old blankets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!