"Compassion International exists as a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enables them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. Founded by the Rev. Everett Swanson in 1952, Compassion began providing Korean War orphans with food, shelter, education and health care, as well as Christian training. Today Compassion helps more than 1 million children in 26 countries."
Omarna and I are penpals, and it's so much fun getting letters from him. He draws people with really large hands and food I've never seen before (they must be local to Ghana, which is where he lives). Next time I get a letter, I'll scan the artwork and post it. Omarna even tells me what Bible verses he's learning and asks me to pray for his family - he's the sweetest 6 year old ever! How amazing would it be if we could all support one of these kids? This is me putting the bug in your ear. Until then, you can help me support Omarna and his family through prayer! Look how handsome he is...
CUTIE PANTS! We have a little Milagros from Peru through Compassion! I love getting her little letters and pictures!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes to reading Hyperbole and a half in the Costa Rican Tree house, while we write letters to our compassion children and draw them pictures!