If you've been anywhere near a news channel lately, you've probably heard about how Colorado's minimal winter snowfall has left our beloved state parched and, as it turns out, extremely flammable. Even as I write this, a few thousand acres are literally going up in smoke as the steady flow of wildfires rage on. We haven't been affected much here in Denver, apart from our beautiful mountain view being smothered in thick black smoke, but one fire did manage to sneak close enough to our intended campsite forcing us to reassess our camping plans.
OK, plan B: Lake Granby. The perfect locale for a little weekend car camping and for Ollie's very first overnighter outdoors; which, by the way, was an adventure in and of itself. Let's just say I'll be packing one of these and one of these for him in the future so that a peaceful night's sleep is attainable for all involved. We made it work this time... but it wasn't pretty.
And then came that oh so sweet energy crash I love so much; who cares if the shifter is in the way!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Show some love and leave a comment!