30 by 30

I'm not sure what the set of circumstances were which lead me to this next thought, but I have to tell you, it was an unintentional moment of pure genius:  I've decided to make a 30 by 30 list, which according to the CIJMU dictionary ("Crap I Just Made Up") is defined as: "A list of thirty goals and/or activities one endeavors to accomplish and/or experience prior to the commencement of their thirtieth year of life."

This isn't one last hurrah before I'm old; life doesn't end at 30, people. This is a way for me to savor every last drop of my 20's before the next chapter begins, AND I WANT YOU TO CREATE THE LIST FOR ME. We all know I could hop on Google and whip out a list of randomly cool things in 10 minutes, but where's the fun in that?


How it will work:
For the next few weeks, I'll start collecting your outrageously creative suggestions in the comment section below this post, as well as on my Facebook page.  I'll then read through everyone's ideas and choose the best of the best to be included in the final 30.  Who knows, I may even get all fancy pants on you and let you vote for your favorites.  We'll see how much control I'm willing to give up...

Things to know before weighing in:
I turn 30 on September 28, 2014 (2.5 years from now)
I'm married, so keep it kosher.
I don't have any food allergies.
I'm no longer welcome in the countries of Singapore or Romania.... juuuuust kidding

Some suggestions I've received so far: 
Go skydiving
Make a 5-course French dinner and pair each course with a great wine for your hubby
Compete in a Survival race
Have a baby
Swim with sharks
Ride a vespa in Italy
Adopt a dog
Make Julia Child's beef bourguignon
Sport and trad lead climb
Backpack through Europe
Ride in a helicopter
Visit Keri (my sister) at college
Visit your mother (gee, I wonder who suggested that one)
Take the Trans-Siberian Railway from Beijing to St. Petersburg. While in St. Petersburg, visit the Hermitage and see Rembrandt's painting of the Prodigal Son.  Along the way, read (re-read) Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamozov and Chekov's Three Sisters  (Now that's what I call an epic suggestion!)


What do YOU think I should put on the list?  Comment!




2 comments:

  1. Get arrested for public indecency :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Colorado if you get arrested for that OR peeing in public, you're automatically registered as a sex offender. So, I probably shouldn't!

      Delete

Show some love and leave a comment!