Backtracking to the Bridal Shower

Now that the cyber renovations are fairly complete, I thought I should finally post some pictures of my sister's wedding in California, but then I remembered I haven't posted her bridal shower pictures yet (moving, traveling, being homeless and jobless sure backlogs a girl's blogging). So for the sake of picto-chrono-grapho-logical order, let me take you back in time.


It rained on the day of the shower (how literal), but that didn't stop us from enjoying our quaint little garden soiree.  In fact, the white curtains we hung from the patio awning worked perfectly to keep the drizzle out.  I'd say that all in all, other than a bunch of women with really frizzy hair, the party was undeterred by the weather.


We played all the traditional bridal shower games, like Bridal Bingo and Don't say the groom's name or someone will steal one of your clothespins (obviously I can't remember its exact title), but there was one other game we played that was less well known. Due to the, er, less than traditional nature of this game, I've been asked to conceal all details and photos.  I can say, however, that after I explained the instructions to the guests, the only thing heard over the proverbial pin dropping to the floor, was my dear Aunt Janet exclaiming, "How suggestive!"  

I suppose I can include just one photo. Although it doesn't give anything away, it does show my mother's absolute enthusiasm in her two daughters' ability to complete the task at hand =)  In the words of the Dr. Seuss, "Oh the places you will go."


Finally we addressed the giant pink elephant in the room... gifts. "What? There are gifts? Oh how silly of me, I must not have seen that enormous pile of shiny boxes and bulging envelopes. I thought we were just going to drink copious amounts of tea and regale each other with small talk all afternoon."   (Come on, you know that's how it is every time).




Joking aside, it really was a nice afternoon.  I can't believe another one of my sister's is getting married!  
Now let's throw in some after-party pictures for good measure.

Thanks for thinking of me Cat. You've always been my favorite unofficial sister!

It's genetic people.  You can blame the crazy lady on the left.


Happy Bridal Shower Missy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!