Are you ready for this? I’m still awestruck with giddy delight.
*Deep breath*
*Pause for dramatic affect*
REI (Recreational Equipment Incorporated) is coming to Long Island!
Photo of the REI Denver flagship store. Found here
To my non-New York readers, I probably don’t have to explain myself. You guys get why this is a cause for celebration, because you’re cool. To everyone else, you may not have reached your maximum potential for coolness yet, but you will… starting this Friday, May 20.
If you don’t already know, REI is like crack to a gear junkie - and boy, have I been jonesin’ for another hit. MSR, Gortex, Techwick, Nalgene, Smartwool, Gramicci, Patagonia, Mountain Hardware - you name it, they got it - and you won’t have to “borrow” money from your kids piggy bank (again) to afford it.
The best part is that I’ll finally be able to stop shopping at EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports). But as much as I’d like to bash EMS for being outrageously overpriced and snobby all these years, they were here when I needed my gadgets and gear fix, not REI. So, I’ll let it slide, and instead I’ll resort to giving you a pseudo dirty look as I walk into REI proudly waving my members VISA.
I’m counting on them noticing too, since they’ll only be a few doors down from the new REI. Priceless.
The REI Grand Opening Celebration will feature: Free continental breakfast, $5 – $100 gift card door prizes, a gear package sweepstake, and – oh yeah – a “Whodunit” Geocaching Murder Mystery event at the park.
Holla! Anyone want to join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show some love and leave a comment!